Door-to-Door HHW Program
Can't Make It To The HHW Facility?
We are now offering a new PILOT Program - Door-to-Door Home Collection of
Household Hazardous Waste for residents of Yuba & Sutter Counties.
Thanks to a grant from CalRecycle, the Regional Waste Management Authority and
Recology Yuba-Sutter are able to offer a limited number of appointments to pick
up many household hazardous wastes at your door. You must be at home when the
waste is picked up.
To use this program, make a list of the types and amounts of waste that you
have, and then call 743-6933 or click the button below to start the appointment process.
for Home Collection
- Motor Oil
- Cleaning Products
- Solvent & Fuel
- Fluorescent tubes & bulbs
- Household batteries
- Car batteries (limit of 3)
- Small Propane, Freon & Helium Cylinders
- Pool & Spa chemicals
- Home-Generated Sharps (needles, syringes and lancets)
Items NOT ACCEPTED
for Home Collection
- Medical Waste & Medicines
- Ammunition & Explosives
- Radioactive Materials
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Containers larger than 5 gallons
- Computers, TVs, & Other Electronic Waste (call 743-6933 to schedule a "Special" Pickup of electronic waste - a fee will apply)
- Household Garbage or Recyclables
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ:
Appointments are available one day per week and will be made based on
your location. There may be a waiting list.
Priority will be given to senior citizens and persons with
disabilities, but any resident may request an appointment. There is no charge
for this service.
A maximum of 20 gallons of household hazardous waste can be
collected per appointment. We also can collect used sharps (needles, syringes
and lancets) in closed sturdy containers.
- Waste must be from your own home.
- The largest container we can collect is five (5) gallons.
- All containers must be labeled.
- You must be home at the time of collection.
- All items must be pre-approved for this special program.
- Approved items must be placed outside your home or garage door.
- The pilot program runs through March 2013.
A Pilot Program representative will contact you within five (5) business days
to review your items and give you information on packaging your household
hazardous waste. Please be ready with a list of the items you wish to dispose
of, the number of containers and the size of each container. Once we have your
final list of approved items, we will schedule your pickup.
Thank you for protecting our employees and the environment!